dotLogic Consulting is currently looking for a Business Intelligence consultant to join their Cape Town team. The ideal candidate should have a strong Microsoft BI background in traditional enterprise data warehousing and have some exposure to Microsoft self-service BI tools.
We are looking for exceptional candidates to work with other like-minded and expert consultants. We are looking for people with a real aptitude and desire for technology. If you are looking to work with a fast growing and non-traditional consulting company, implementing cutting edge and exciting technologies then we have the opportunities for you.
The role will involve various deployments to different client sites implementing cutting edge business intelligence solutions using a variety of technologies. As a result you will be required to exhibit a broad array of skills:
The candidate will required to evidence knowledge in the following technologies:
- SQL Server 2008 and/or 2012 business intelligence tools: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
- SharePoint 2010 and/ or 2013 experience: Performance Point, Excel Services
- Excel 2010 and/or 2013: Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View, Power Map
- Development Languages: VBA, C#, VB.Net (advantageous)
- Computer Literacy: Visio, PowerPoint (advantageous)
- Office 365 (advantageous)
- Good Mathematical skills essential
- Understanding of Statistics (advantageous)
- Experience engaging with customers to understand and articulate requirements.
The candidate will be required to manage the delivery of projects through to completion and will operate using either traditional waterfall or agile delivery methodologies and must be able to identify and manage the risks of delivery throughout the project life cycle.
The candidate should be comfortable in designing end-to-end solutions and should have an understanding of how to design a business intelligence architecture including:
- System architecture (technical design and implementation processes)
- Relational database design
- Dimensional modeling
- ETL Design
- Report and dashboard best practices and design
- Data Governance standards
- Great personality
- Well presented
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal / relationship management skills
- Analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
We are looking for candidates that standout, that can deliver on their promises and that want to be exceptional at what they do. We are looking for attitude as much as we are looking for aptitude. If your looking for something new and exciting and want to join a company that values your contribution and wants to see you succeed in your career then look no further.
For further details or to make an enquiry regarding this position send all communications to email@example.com