dotLogic Consulting is currently looking for a statistical data analyst with experience using Microsoft Business Intelligence tools to join their Cape Town team. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in data extraction, manipulation and analysis.
We are looking for candidates that show exceptional promise and who want to work with other like-minded and expert consultants. We are looking for people with a real aptitude and desire for technology. If you are looking to work with a fast growing and non-traditional consulting company, implementing cutting edge and exciting technologies then we have the opportunities for you.
As a consultant the role will involve various deployments to different client sites. You will be involved in the implementation of end-to-end business intelligence solutions. You will be expected to leverage your ability to understand the business problem, identify the correct data and then design, build and optimise appropriate statistical and machine learning algorithms.
This is a new and exciting role and as such you will be given the freedom to grow the data science competency within the business.
Given the complex technical nature of the projects that you will be involved with, you will be required to exhibit a broad array of skills:
- A degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Physics or Engineering.
The candidate will required to evidence knowledge in the following technologies:
- Excel 2010 and/or 2013.
- SQL Server 2008 and/or 2012 business intelligence tools, particularly a good knowledge of SQL.
- Applied experience of R or other related statistical languages.
- Computer Literacy: Visio, PowerPoint, Power BI
- Microsoft Azure ML
- Office 365.
- 2-5 years data analysis experience; extracting, analyzing and interpreting results.
- Exceptional mathematical skills essential.
- Experience engaging with customers to understand and articulate requirements.
The candidate should be comfortable in statistics and machine learning methods e.g.
- Neural Networks
- Decision Trees
- Time Series Analysis
Knowledge of optimization techniques:
- Linear Programming
- Genetic Algorithms
- Simulated Annealing
- The candididate will need to be a self-starter, who is pro-active and can take ownership of project delivery.
- Must have some experience with either traditional waterfall or agile project management methodologies.
- Must be able to identify and manage the risks of delivery throughout the project life cycle.
- English speaking.
- Great personality.
- Well presented.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal / relationship management skills
- Analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Must be eligible to work in South Africa
The successful candidate will receive on the job training and be given the opportunity to undertake the following Microsoft course and exam:
- Microsoft Professional Program in Data Science
We are looking for candidates that standout, that can deliver on their promises and that want to be exceptional at what they do. We are looking for attitude as much as we are looking for aptitude. If you're looking for something new and exciting and want to join a company that values your contribution and wants to see you succeed in your career then look no further.
For further details or to make an enquiry regarding this position send all communications to email@example.com